In which I celebrate one year of beautiful DBFness… and the face behind the madness is revealed.

white_square-1 
First and foremost, however, I’d like to apologize for this post’s tardiness… I was rendered so busy, I was unable to make it even close to the ol’ PC till this time today! And, I was also mortified to realize that my original post for our one-year DBFiversary never posted to my blog… so this is pretty long overdue, but here it is.

I cannot tell you how much our friendship means to me. I’ve always had a hard time holding a friendship together, and up until recently I’ve felt as if I didn’t really have anyone to call a friend. However, the fact that I knew that I could always post on here, and you guys would never fail to respond, always made me feel like I fit in, as if I never had a single problem with it before. My friends, you are beautiful (inside AND out! (:) and it has been nothing short of a pleasure getting to know you over the past year. All of the jokes, the Narnia-isms, the art, the music… it all means so much to me. I hope we never fall out of touch, and that someday soon, we can meet face to face and go on all sorts of wonderful adventures. Here’s to another year, and many more, of DBFness. Cheers!

And, in case you were wondering, here’s my current profile picture on Facebook…


…taken during filming for the Christmas pageant a few months ago. My sis and I were sent to grab the squirt bottle labeled “Jesus”, we found a spare helmet, and… well, the rest is pretty much history. Tis a bit blurry, though, and I struggle sometimes to find a picture of myself with a serious face haha, so here’s this one for the heck of it:


And, furthermore, my last name is Huffman, but I’m on Facebook as “Megan Brittany”. And since there are apparently quite a few Megan Brittany’s in the world, all you have to search for is “Chelsea Fernando”… which is quite the story, ack-chellay. (x I shooooould appear in the results for that. (Apparently, there are less Chelsea Fernando’s than Megan Brittany’s… can’t imagine why that is at all…)

The thing that I had planned for our big celebration is running a wee bit late as well, so that will be delayed until (hopefully!) New Year’s Eve at the latest. I’ll be posting it right on here when it’s done, so keep an eye out for it!

I’ll toss a separate post detailing Christmas a bit more in a minute, but before that, I have GOT to get this posted lol. I earnestly look forward to talking with you guys soon!

Merry (late!) Christmas, here’s to many more!

DBF out!

p.s. – I just remembered this picture before I posted, and I had to put it on here! (;

2 comments:



Caroline said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This post just made my day. I was beginning to fear you'd gotten sick again, but I understand about getting busy. Funny how that happens the older ya get.

Maybe I'm just an overly emotional teenage girl, but tears came to my eyes when I read the second paragraph. I have diary entries from last January and February in which I bemoaned the lack of more-than-casual friendships in my life. Sometimes when I try to socialize or get into conversation, it feels awkward and feigned, like it's not me talking. But here on the good ol' blogs, I feel like it's always been the true "us" shining through. And for that reason, I believe that on that day when we do finally meet in person, it will be perfectly natural. And what adventures we three true friends will have!

And now, let me say, I laughed when I saw your profile picture, because it's just so Megan. And by the way, you're gorgeous. And a wonderful fellow human being.

I greatly anticipate this "the thing for our big celebration." And I love the Megmund pic. ;D

Now, I'm off to search for "Chelsea Fernando" on facebook!

Kellie Ann Cassel said...

YESSS! Ahh the long awaited post has arrived. And may I say, Megan, you look stunning :) Your humor is awesome and you sure know how to make people laugh, and I thank you for all your genious blunderkinds, and can't wait to find you on facebook.
Think me strange, but I always have this fantasy of sitting in my director's chair directing Caroline as she acts out the next scene, and then calling you up to see what kind of music score you have prepared for the movie. We have all been blessed with such wonderful talents and I am so greatful to have you as a dear friend, and even better, a DBF.

Post a Comment