In which I find that life is once again shifting, and I feel like I'm clinging to the edge for dear life.

I am an optimist by default. When faced with something negative, I always try to think of something good that either already exists in the face of the negative thing, or drum up something in the long run that will be good. It's imperative for the human mind to default to optimism.. without it, there is no way of making it through this life. I'm sure of it.

Which is why people most often come to me, because they need an optimistic person to lean on. And I can understand that.. but why take my advice and think I'm wonderful, and then act like I don't exist the next day? Sure, they spoke to me once afterward, but that was just because Hannah was around.. why is it so easy to kick me to the curb like that? It's not fun. At all.

This is where bands like Lifehouse save my butt from pessimistic thoughts. They're officially my new favorite band of all time. I think I almost died when I heard Sick Cycle Carousel.. it's EXACTLY what I was just thinking, in musical form. Otherwise known as: musical perfection.

In other news, yesterday, around 600 people from my church went out and did odd jobs around schools all over the place.. and we were featured on EVERY major news channel in Virginia, and two major newspapers. It's AMAZING what God can do with one group of determined people. To Him be the glory!!

The night before, I was up pillaging the internet for new music to listen to, and realized when I layed down in my bed at around 5 in the morning that I had to be up in two hours, and needed DESPERATELY to wash my hair.

So, I did what any logical human being would do.

I leaped out of bed and got a shower at 5AM.

Somehow, showers at 5AM are soooooo much better than the ones at night or later on in the morning. I have no idea why.

The only downer to this is that I've been feeling really sick lately from lack of sleep. Huh. Who would've thought?


<3

0 comments:



Post a Comment