In which I present to you.. my blog.

I figured today that, since music means so much to me, I should dedicate an ENTIRE blog just to my random adventures when it comes to music. Mmhmm. That's right. Hardcore, I know. Plus, it'd be neat to have something like famous artists have to tell everyone what they're up to now. So, ten years from now, people can come and read this and know exactly what I did before I was a recording artist. ...I dream big. (x

Today I played piano for a total of thirteen minutes, which is REEALLY short for me. But, it was fruitful.. I figured out that everything sounds prettier and much more lullaby-like a few octaves higher, and it is extremely fun to slam out a rock song on nothing but the piano. The slightly wimpy Casio that I'm playing, however, would probably beg to disagree. But, it's the only piano in the house, so I'm not complaining.

I AM, however, complaining that the videos I managed to record are epic failing to upload to any website whatsoever. Facebook. Blogger. EVERYWHERE. Dead. Nadda. Zilch. Not even a single note has made it into internet exsistance. I would try YouTube, but.. ahhh.. I see how mean people can be on there, and I'm, well, I'm delicate, so I don't think I could take any criticism from random strangers I'll never meet if I could manage to get them on there.

Anyways, the current song obsessions are..

- Give Me a Sign by Breaking Benjamin: I taught myself how to play this from scratch yesterday afternoon. It's one of my favorite songs EVER, so it was really worth all the hassle of trying to find that first note or those pesky left hand chords.

- Never Say Never by The Fray: Ahhh, a classic. Never gets old.

- Rolling Clouds by Brian Crain: It's a pain in the butt somedays, but it's worth it to hear it every so often. Now, if only I could get the last part so I can play the whole, legit song..

- A little something I cooked up, in honor of my favorite piece of fictional literature in the WORLD.. yep, you guessed it.. NARNIA. It's a medley of "Evacuating London" from the first film, and "Can't Take It In", which is the song that plays first in the credits of the first film. It's pretty snappy, I must say, but still needs a bit of work. But it's fuuuuuuun!! (I have it on video, but, due to either my computer or the internet being a total popcorn, you can't listen to it, now CAN you?)

- Xion by Yoko Shimomura: If you go to my songbook, you can listen to this one.. it's absolutely AMAZING, and one of my all-time favorites.

And I believe that covers basically everything. Until later!


<3

0 comments:



Post a Comment