In which I thank God for Safari.

Which has let me access my long lost Picnik! Now I can get back to editing photos, teehee. *evil grin*

Well, to be honest, there hasn't been much going on, haha. I worked the Media desk on Sunday during youth (which was basically just clicking a few things for the projector, but I love it nonetheless). That's... about as exciting as my week has gotten!

BUT. I do have a discovery.

Thanks to the advice of one of my dear blogging friends, I have decided that Friday is going to be technical questions day here on my blog. I'll put a post up, and comments will serve as a technology Q & A, seeing as that is one of the few things I have knowledge on.

OH, WAAAAIT. I do indeed have an exciting thing coming up. My sisters and I are going to go see Beastly the day it comes out. I'm pretty excited for that, seeing as our last sister movie night was when Harry Potter came out last November. It looks like a really good movie too; my older sister took the book out of the library not too long ago and she told me that it was very well done.

And speaking of... my family and I are going to surprise her on her birthday this year with tickets to the broadway version of Beauty and the Beast, since it's her favorite love story of all time.

Haha. I love it how I started writing this post, wracking my brain for something new and exciting going on in my life, and SKA-BAMMMM. A zillion things come to mind. Oh, life. Never a dull moment.

Anyways, the other things will have to wait. I've got a bit of inspiration, and a whole lotta Picnik-ing to do!

DBF out!

7 comments:



Kellie Ann Cassel said...

YAY! I love your picniks!! :) And my sis and I might go see Beastly too! How ironic! She really likes Vanessa Hudgens (probably cause she likes High School Musical) and it looks really good, I love it when movie-makers combine fairy tales with modern day. :)

the other Pevensie girl said...

Awh, thanks! :D Skandar quote: "I feel so loved!" Woahh, that is so cool! Do you know what day you'll go see it yet? Mmm, me too. I'm a sucker for a good fairytale, and putting a modern twist on it always makes me feel like things like that could happen today.

Caroline said...

Yay, you're back! When I saw the preview for Beastly when I was at the cinema for VDT, I thought it looked like a cool movie. When we left the theater, my mom and little sisters were saying how they thought it looked so weird. And then my mom said, "I bet Caroline wants to see it." Yup. I doubt I'll get to see in theater, but hopefully on dvd. Lemme know how it is. :)
Have either of you ever read Wings by Aprilyn Pike? It's modern day fairies protecting the gates to Avalon from evil trolls. Pretty cool.
Lucky sister! I bet that's going to be awesome; seeing live shows is always a thrill.
I can't wait to see what Picnik and your inner evil genius will produce this time. ;)

the other Pevensie girl said...

Haha awh, I will definitely give you a full (spoiler-free if you'd like) analysis once I've seen it. Last year I got into doing film reviews. Maybe I should pick that back up again.
Hmm, never even heard of it, but it sound interesting! That'll be on my summer reading list for sure.
Haha it's pretty hard to keep it a secret! We went to see Mamma Mia about a year back, and it was amazing! Which shows have you seen?
Oh yes! I'll see what I can cook up... >:D

Caroline said...

In Disney World they have live shows like The Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. Those are really good. I've also seen Babes in Toyland in Dollywood. Aside from Anne of Green Gables and A Bad Year for Tomatoes, I can't remember any others. But I was in my local theater's production of A Christmas Carol this past December. It was a musical, and in this one scene we did a really fun Christmas party dance.
Yeah, you should definately read Wings. In fact, maybe I should post a review. I'm wanting to read this new book called Timeless. Have you read it?

the other Pevensie girl said...

Ooo, those sound awesome! I'm pretty sure that my family will be visiting Disney next year, so I'll have to recommend those. The musical sounds like it was a lot of fun! You're very lucky - I wish I had a theater close by to do stuff like that.
It'd be great if you posted a review! I don't think I've heard of Timeless, but I'll check it out. Do you know who the author is?

Caroline said...

It's Alexandra Monir. And I'll get on that review right now!

Post a Comment