In which I have never argued with technology as much as I have these past few weeks.

Which is quite frustrating, but I’ll keep going till I see the light at the end of the tunnel. (Which would happen to be in the form of everything I’ve been working on for the past month. d:)

Tonight was a great night at church. There weren’t many people in Production, nor were there any productive things to do, so we just sat and swapped stories with our youth pastor, which was loads of fun. This Friday we’re doing a Good Friday service in the youth (called The Good Friday Experience), which I get to help with for Production. I’m fairly positive that I’ll be helping run the media desk, which is always fun. I can’t wait!

SO, I have been able to get one thing to work for me… per request, here are the pictures of the postcards from VDT that I promised! (The first few were taken in my bathroom where I thought the lighting would be best, but it just created a pesky glare on most of them, so I switched to laying across my bedroom floor and taking them instead.)

103_0407 

The Dawn Treader herself on the cover! I used a Color Pop effect on most of these to reflect how amazing the colors ack-chellay are as opposed to the dullness my camera initially gave them. I figured that, as wonderfully artsy as my DBFs are, I might as well add that to give them the full effect.

103_0411 

Love this one of Lucy!

103_0412 

This one is the first one in the book, but the pictures got out of order… oops. d: Anyhow, I adore the shades of blue in contrast to the gold, brown, and yellow on Aslan.

103_0418 

I didn’t use the Color Pop on this one cause it made Eustace look orange. This one made me giggle.

103_0419 

King Caspian looking all scruffy!

103_0421 

My favorite picture in all of Narnia history!! If I didn’t want to preserve their booked beauty, I would hang this one up on my wall. I’m still arguing with myself as to whether I will end up doing just that or not! I should also note that the big bright spot is the glare from my ceiling fan that I failed to block with my head. Fail!

103_0423 

My nemesis. (x I really do like this picture though, I remember back when it was used as a promotional image in People magazine. Ahhh, memories!

103_0424 

Reepicheep rocks my socks! I love his little sword for some reason.

103_0425 

The purple spot on Lucy’s cheek is also not supposed to be there. I have absolutely no idea how it came to be! This is another lovely shot of her.

103_0426 

I adore the detail in this one. The campfire scene between Reep and Eustace was so heartwarming in the film as well!

103_0427

And now we’ve come to my personal favorite, haha. (With the exception of the one from Aslan’s Country, of course!) Even Caspian’s got a winning smile! And then… there’s Skedmund… *swoon*.

The rest of the packaging is pretty fantastic, but I’m not gonna spoil ALL the surprises! (; Also, on the back of each postcard is a quote from a character on the card, which is really neat. They had a few lines that I’m guessing are from deleted scenes cause they weren’t in the film, and they have a quote labeled as being said by Caspian when it was really said by Coriakin, but it’s neat all the same.

Anyways, I’ve gotta get some sleep, cause tomorrow I’ve gotta get school done early so that we can go shopping. Until later, sail on!

DBF out!

(By the by, I’ve come to realize that the sign-out I usually use has caught on with my DBFs, and I think it’s completely awesome! :D)

4 comments:



Caroline said...

I'm cheering on your technological perseverence. Go Megan!
I loveeee da post cahds! And now I have them too! I think my favorite is the one of Caspian and Edmund at Narrowhaven. Those two give me the flutters. Of course, each of the cards is awesome in its own amazing way. I love Reep, and the part where he leaves his sword to go to Aslan's country makes me cry even harder.
I wish you a super shopping spree, and thank you for the signature sign-out. :)

Kellie Ann Cassel said...

I am soooo framing the one of Ed and Caspian! haha (pardon my overjoy) I also have always liked the one where they're all with Lilliandil the lighting and the color in the photo is really beautiful. Thanks for the pics Megan! :)And it's so cool how you get to do your church's media thing. I might be able to do it to next year. Another junior is doing it right now.

the other Pevensie girl said...

Caroline - Thanks! Encouragement is always welcome. (: Ahh, isn't it lovely? They sure picked some great screencaps to use. (;
Thanks again! I found a pretty dress at Kohl's, but have to return today to get it. I'll toss a picture of it up here once I do if you'd like.

Kellie - Hahaha, overjoy is just as welcome! I know what you mean, all the hues of blue are really something. (: You're very welcome! I'm glad that I was able to get them on here. Oh, that sounds great! We have a bunch of volunteers, and we're going to begin training from one of the adults this Wednesday. Media is a blast.

Caroline said...

Lol, I go to a tiny back country church that doesn't even have a sound system (but we're working on getting one).
Oh, and I'd love to see the dress :)

Post a Comment