In which I have terribly missed blogging.

Life has gotten CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY! Between trying to finish up school and spring cleaning and more birthdays and all that jazz, I’m afraid that blogging has completely slipped my mind. D: So, here to act as a remedy for that, are several things that I have managed to find time to work on between all the craziness.

First of all, about a week ago, my mom, little sister, and I had to go to Sam’s Club for some stuff, and the line was long, so my mom let me and my sister go and look at the games and movies and stuff, and we discovered that Sam’s Club is on Harry Potter’s side when it comes to the whole Peter VS Harry thing…

peter animosity!

Teehee. He never saw it coming!! Thanks to Pookie for holding it for me so that there wasn’t a nasty glare on beautiful Skedmund’s face.

So going to Wal*Mart for Voyage of the Dawn Treader turned out to be quite the adventure. We got a pretty late start on account of my mom being sick and my sister being at work, but, bless her, my mom promised us that we’d get out to get it that day. After going from the front of the store to the back and then returning to the front to get JUUUUUST the right copy (yes, we were ridiculous like that), after we checked out the alarms at the doors went off because the thing on the Blu-Ray hadn’t been deactivated. SO then we stood at the desk where the person who’s in charge of making sure that people don’t steal stuff for a solid ten minutes because the lady there was super slow. (In this time, of course, my palms begin to sweat and I get the shakes cause I’m convinced that we won’t make it out with our lives! Juuust kidding. (;) Fortunately, we got out and got home in enough time to watch it before bed.

Speaking of, the Blu-Ray is pretty fantastic. We got the special collector’s edition (my sister called it “the pretty one”, haha), which had the embellished-looking sleeve over the fold-out case, which held the Blu-Ray, DVD, and a digital copy, which disappeared into my bedroom that night, teehee. It also was accompanied by a book with postcards in it that I dare not remove, thus spoil their awesomeness. There’s a particularly gorgeous one (which I’m fairly certain is the last one in there) of Caspian and Edmund after the crew frees the slaves on the Lone Islands. I was mesmerized for a good amount of time (by Ed, naturally) before I remembered that we had to put the movie into the player in order to watch it, and it was still sitting in my lap.

Ahhhh. Life is good.

In (surprisingly!) non-Narnian news, the weather has been getting increasingly warmer here, which has been rather nice. I just wish that it would rain more often!

I’ve been thinking about making any future Blunderkinds that have a backstory into videos instead of standalone pictures, like I did for Bappy Hirthday. That was a blast, and it allowed there to be a little more humor than normal in the story. Any thoughts? (: Also, I just saw that Kellie had a brilliant idea to put together a video of Skedmund greatest hits, which I would be delighted to do a rendition of! I’m pretty sure that I’ve got a decent list of things to include in it, but feel free to toss some more out there that I may have missed.

Hope you’re having a great week! (:

DBF out!

7 comments:



Caroline said...

*wipes forehead in relief* For a while there, I thought you'd ventured off to Narnia without inviting me or Kellie to go with you! But I understand about the craziness; I'm trying to finish up this year's schoolwork as well as doing drama stuff and coming up with a movie idea and, as you put it, all that jazz.
Bahahahaha! (about the picture) I love it!
Sounds like you got the same VDT package Kellie ordered. I'm considering asking for a blu-ray player for my birthday, so I can get the better edition of VDT and get the post cards! I would love it if you could post pictures of them; that is, if it wouldn't spoil their awesomeness. :)

Yes, video all the way. It would take the already awesome Potter Plot to the next level. And for the Skedmund video, you may want to include some of the Skandarisms we've come up with over these wonderful blogging months: Skantastic, Skandarlous, Skandarful, Skandsome, etc. And I also love the part where he boils over at Goldwater, and "I licked every one of them," and "It went right." Good gracious, there's so much; but you've probably already thought of these. Can't wait to see it!

the other Pevensie girl said...

Absolutely NOT! Even Narnia wouldn't be quite right without my DBF's! (:
Teehee, thanks! It'll be interesting to see where it was placed on the VDT cover next time we go there.
Oh, you should! We ack-chellay don't have a blu-ray player yet, but will be upgrading soon. It'll be so amazing to see everything in BR form; I've heard that it's breathtaking. I most certainly will! I'll see if I can do that right now.
Thanks for the input! Even as I was hunting down new pictures to use I had songs and sounds in my head that would be perfect, so a video would definitely be the way to go. Ahhhh, the Skandarisms! Oddly enough, I didn't even think of those. And those scenes would factor in well also. Gahh, now I'm all excited to start on it! :D

Caroline said...

Great! Then I shall await it patiently; that is, as patiently as one could be expected to wait for a Skedmund video ;)

the other Pevensie girl said...

Haha, indeed! (x

Kellie Ann Cassel said...

I think you did get the same pack of disks as me. :) It comes with POST CARDS!? I probably will have them out and displayed in my room lol I admire how you want to keep them nice. I might frame the Caspian and Edmund one :D Congrats on the great buy!

Caroline said...

This is awesome; I just found out my laptop can play blu-ray. Looks like I may have to put another dent in my wallet, lol.

the other Pevensie girl said...

Kellie - Haha, it does indeed! And I thought that Australia was the luckiest because theirs came with a pllowcase. (Although I'm seeing the benefits in having a VDT pillowcase, post cards are nice too. (x Ohh Ebay!...)
Caroline - WHAT! You have to get it now. Seriously. It's great to stare at when you're bored. Multiple ways to entertain oneself in one package. Pretty incredible if you ask me!

Post a Comment