In which I attempt to make the best of a really terrible day but still end up frowning because I do not own a capo.

But, as lovely as a capo would be right about now, I’ve still managed to let some frustration out by jamming on the guitar a bit. I’ve gotta make myself stop writing songs with only two strings! Hopefully it won’t be too hard to remember everything and put the rest of the notes together when I’ve attained the rest of them.

Well, it’s pretty rainy and dreary today, which usually isn’t a bad thing, but this particular day, it’s a bit of a menace. My older sister had to go to the hospital for a breathing test because of her asthma, so my mom’s been gone pretty much all day long, which is a HUGE bummer cause me and my dad don’t get along so well. Luckily I got school done relatively fast, and we have to go back out shopping a bit more, AND we’re coloring Easter eggs together tonight, so hopefully we can salvage what’s left of today.

In the course of trying to figure out what I’m going to do with myself all summer long, my mom suggested trying embroidery. So, when school is out (THREE WEEKS!!), I’m going to go to Michael’s Arts and Crafts and buy myself a pattern to start on. I’m hoping that by the end of this year, I can get good enough at it to go out and buy a large one with a ship on it, make the sail purple, then hang it up in my room. Plus, my little sister is going to paint my new bedroom door to look like the wardrobe door in The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, so every time I go to enter my room, it’s like I’m walking into Narnia! I can’t WAIT for that to be done. I’ll definitely snap some pictures and post them when it is.

I’ve also finally decided what I’m going to do with the last bits of my room that I can personalize. (In light of what my door is going to look like, I asked my mom if I could put a lamp post in the middle of my room… she did not exactly condone this idea, haha). There’s a long space above my desk on the wall where I want to hang all the Narnia film posters, given that I can track them down. d: And then, with a lot of hard work, I’m going to raise enough money to buy myself a copy of Rhindon (anywhere from $200 to &3000, yiiiiiiikes), which I’ll hang in the space over my door. This will probably take me until I move out haha, but it’ll be so worth it to see it at it’s completion!

Well, I’ve rambled long enough. Hope everyone is having a splendid weekend! :D

DBF out!

9 comments:



Kellie Ann Cassel said...

Wow! To have a real Rhindon replica would be amazing. :) And my sis and I are coloring Easter eggs tonight too! :D Embridery sounds quite interesting. I think I'll stick to painting and jewelry making. For my summer room project I have this space behind my door where I have a mirror and a coathook. Any ideas what I should paint back there? I'm also helping my friend Rachel paint lyrics on her walls this summer when she re-does her room. I also want to start a new fairy water color. I don't know if I should do like a ballerina fairy or an animal fairy.. hmm...

Caroline said...

Megan, I don't think I've ever known such an optimist. I <3 u! I'll be praying for your sister. It's been drizzly gray here today too. We seem to have similar weather patterns.
I used to embroider a lot; I hope you enjoy it too.
Oh, your bedroom is going to be so UH-mazing! Love the door idea. And it would be so awesome to have Rhindon. I've been wanting a replica of Legolas' bow, but it's over $200 also. My summer project will also involve bedroom decorating, because hopefully by then my dad will be finished with the drywall and carpet in it. I've never had a space of my own, so I can hardly wait to fantasize, purple-ize, and awesome-ize it.
Kellie, for your wall maybe cool tree wall rub-on? Or the lyric idea was really cool, with some music notes too. And my vote is ballerina fairy; I guess I've never quite shaken off the ballet in me :)

Caroline said...

Oh, and I meant to comment about your guitar situation. Get thee to the music shop and buyeth thyself guitar strings and a capo, and thy music bliss shall be magnified. I've written the majority of my songs on guitar, and a capo is a tremendous help, as well as the other four strings, lol.

Kellie Ann Cassel said...

haha Ballerina fairy it is! I was going to have her wear a tutu made out of a blue or purple flower :) That's a good idea about the rub on. I have already experienced the awesomeness of wall stickers so I know how cool they are. :) Ooohh!!! What if I painted a big tree going up to the ceiling, with twisty branches and fairies hidden in the leaves!

And I forgot to comment about how AMAZING a wardrobe door would be. Your room will be sweet Meg. I wouldn't be allowed to paint on my door lol

Caroline said...

Genius! I love the twisty tree and fairies idea! The creative juices are flowing....
If I ever get stumped decorating my room, I shall call upon the council of my DBFs :)

the other Pevensie girl said...

Haha, thanks for all the comments! (:
Kellie, the tree with the fairies sounds AWESOME!! I love the amount of creativity that's being passed around here. I love you guys! :D

Caroline said...

I love you two too! Our whole blogging thing has just been so good for me; thanks for keepin' it up!

Kellie Ann Cassel said...

God must have had something up his sleeve when he had us meet on Narnia web. Someday we'll look back on this wonderful friendship and say "oh yea we met on a movie fan site" if it wasn't for the love of Skedmund this also would not have occured. Thank you Skandar! And you guys are so creative too. We have been given such wonderful gifts. :)

the other Pevensie girl said...

Agreed on all counts! :D

Post a Comment