In which I celebrate celebrating by posting this poem I wrote a few months ago.

a prayer for open doors

Sleep evades my wandring eyes
For this thought there is no disguise
As rain pelts on my clear window
I feel my heart being tugged and towed
If I could reach across the sea
I'd pull you right over to me
We'd sit and talk as long as you'd like
With no one to blame and no reason to fight
I would speak the words that He gave me to say
And pray that they wouldn't drive you away
And then the next move would be yours
Run for cover, away to some distant shore
Where waves could wash the thought away
And sand and moon keep them at bay
Or would you take it all to heart
Take every word, pick it apart
Till there was nothing left to do
But surrender to the One who created you
This be my dream, this be my wish
As the moon meets the clouds in a midnight kiss
As I stare at the sky that we both share
And think about you, somewhere out there


God gave me these words one day while I was praying for someone dear to me whom I have never met, but pray that one day I will have the privilege of meeting in Heaven. May you come to know the Hope I know someday. (:


Stay legit.

<3

8 comments:



Lady Caroline of Rohan said...

So beautiful! I'll pray for whoever this is as well.
It's funny, ack-chellay, that you posted your poem today, because I just posted mine today as well. :)

the other Pevensie girl said...

Thank you! :D I don't usually write poems, but I was pleased with how this one turned out.
Ooo! I'll have to go and read it for sure! :D
And dare I ask what the story behind "ack-chellay" is? (x

Lady Caroline of Rohan said...

It's an Edmund story (suprise, suprise). Queen Elizabeth and I always say "actually" like that because it's how Edmund says it in the part where Miraz calls him Prince Edmund:
"It's KING Edmund, ack-chellay." We LOVE that. Watch PC again and listen for it. It's so delicious.

the other Pevensie girl said...

Hahaha, that is my favorite scene in Prince Caspian! I recite it all the time. (x Oh my gosh, I just watched it again... he DOES!! Haha, priceless. xD

Queen Elizabeth said...

Yes, the other Pevensie girl, priceless is a great way to describe it :) Your peom could actually be about Skandar, or someone else dear to you. I will be praying for this person as well :) Beautiful words by the way, you and Edmund's Queen would be great writers :)

the other Pevensie girl said...

Thank you so much! :D Compliments always make me happy. (: In truth, Skandar did inspire this poem haha. I don't know why I didn't just put that in the post d:. Thanks again! If we write novels, you should do the illustrations for them; your art is BEAUTIFUL!

Lady Caroline of Rohan said...

I had wondered about that. I've praying for him every day. Thanks Queen Elizabeth. This blogging thing has been great for me: encouragement, creativity, Skedmund, and humor all in one. Perfect!

the other Pevensie girl said...

I concur! :D

Post a Comment