In which I return like the king.

Little bit of LOTR humor there in the title, haha.



SO. I have been missing for what feels like thirteen hundred years. That is merely because I have had an ongoing migraine for the past three days, which absolutely stunk, but thankfully, it seems to have passed now. Huzzah!



Wednesday night I was made painfully aware of my shyness in Production. Since I haven't mentioned it yet, I should explain that I have begun attending the youth Production Team, who handles set building, camera handling, creative brainstorming, and all that jazz. Well, last night we were brainstorming and, since when I get shy I just kind of sit there awkwardly, I had all these ideas that I failed to share. THUS, someone else who literally had the SAME EXACT IDEAS shared them instead of me, and got a lot of creative credit. Which I'm cool with, I'm not exactly a limelight hog (I much prefer hiding behind stuff haha), but it made me realize that I need to start being a wee bit more outspoken during stuff, no matter how many people are around. Yeah...yeah! YEAH! (<-- Now I just sound like the Dufflepuds again. d;)



I'm considering singing and playing piano for the youth's coffee house talent show thing next month, even though I have no earthly idea what I would sing and play, haha. I somewhat wanted to do something original, but I have nothing prepared, which just spells trouble, so I thought that maybe I would sing If I Die Young by The Band Perry (who, serendipitously enough, was mentioned on Lady Caroline's blog earlier, haha), but for one thing, it's a popular song, so I don't want to end up auditioning with the same song as someone else, and for another thing, it was the song used in the video shown to the youth that Amber put together for Miranda, so I'm not entirely sure I could make it all the way through it while being watched. I've braved it in the shower, but the shower and the stage are two completely different places. I'll just have to pray about it and see what happens!



I have discovered recently that I love Biology. No lie, I LOVE it. Something about sorting different living organisms into their phylums, classes, orders, and kingdoms brings me great joy. Maybe that's just me, haha, but I love it.

Unfortunately I am at a creative loss at the moment, and am sadly devoid of both humerous creativity and pictures to make new silly edited photos. Me thinks I will make a pact with myself to work on that this weekend.

Today I spent a good part of the early afternoon playing piano for the first time in a while. It was fun, except now everytime I play, by the time I'm done, my fingers hurt something awful. Ahh well. They'll just have to buck up a bit, that's all!

Well. The past few days have been pretty uneventful, haha. I found myself wondering if I'm going to bother going to prom or not this year, and, in my quest to find a Narnian-looking dress, I found a website that specializes in Elven wedding dresses! Which, of course, meant...

Megan = :D!!

It's at http://www.rivendellbridal.com, and I'm just putting an awesomeness warning out there! If I was anywhere remotely close to getting married, that would be the first place I'd look.

Anyways, back to prom dresses. I failed to find any that were even close to looking fantasy-ish, which was most disappointing. Nowadays it's all v-necks and slits riiiight up the front, which are both very unattractive to me. I'm determined to carry this moral streak on with me as I get older. I have a feeling that it's getting scarcer, and, since one of my self-made purposes in life is to be unique, I'm gonna dare to be different. Hoo-hah!

In other news, I absolutely love Tenth Avenue North's song "Healing Begins", I really want to go see Voyage of the Dawn Treader again, even though I've already seen it four times, and my newest goal is to purchase a copy of Rhindon for my wall since my room is surprisingly, horridly devoid of anything Narnian. Nothing new under the sun there. Hehe.

Keep it real.


<3

8 comments:



Queen Elizabeth said...

Very cool life it sound like ;) And you really should do the coffee house talent show :) Rhindon would be cool to have on your wall. My father has still yet to make a replica of one for me in his shop. Oh well, time will tell.

the other Pevensie girl said...

Ahh yes, life is beautiful. :D Thanks for the encouragement! If I end up doing it, I'll be sure to throw a video onto here. (: Wow, what kind of shop does he have?

Lady Caroline of Rohan said...

I should probably know this, but what's Rhindon?
Holy snap, you should not have posted that link and I should have heeded your awesomeness warning. I want to go get married now xD
You should certainly do the talent show. I've never heard you before, but it seems to me that you're quite gifted. Don't worry about your creativity lull; every artist gets into those slumps and manages to get out again. At times like those I wish I could just hop on a plane to New Zealand- that'd get the creative juices flowing again!

Queen Elizabeth said...

Ro Ed's Queen, Rhidon is the name of king Peters sword if I'm not mistaken :)
And to The other Pevensie Girl, my dad's "shop" is just what I use to call his work garage lol. But he could make anything in there. When I was little he built me a go-cart from scratch! :) It was amazing. He said he would try to make me a sword for Christmas but I never decided if I wanted a sword or a staff. He also carved me this really cool staff out of wood a while ago, the top of it looked like a feather was sticking out and it had cool markings all over it :)

Lady Caroline of Rohan said...

Cool about the staff, Gandalf, lol. My dad has a shop too, cuz he's a carpenter and needs it to store his tools and nails and like objects. He can't make me a staff or anything right now though because he's bui;ding on to our little house, and so then I'm gonna have my own room! Huzzahness! (to quote our dear blogging friend :)

Queen Elizabeth said...

Sweet! I'm glad you have your own room now. I had to share with my sister until I was 8. How are you going to decorate it?

the other Pevensie girl said...

Yup, that's Rhindon!
Queen Elizabeth, that's awesome! You should definitely post a pic of your staff, it sounds beautiful. (:
Hahaha, thanks for the nickname, Lady Caroline. I'm now a certified DBF! xD That's super great about having your own room too, sounds really exciting! :D

Lady Caroline of Rohan said...

Yeah, I'm really giddy about it. I've been wanting my own room since I was about seven years old, and that's, OMG, like nine and a half years!? That sounds old. Scary. Anywho, I'm thinkin' maybe a soft dark shade of green for the walls and a purple bedspread... IDK, still workin' on it. Something fantastic, to be sure. :D
lol, DBF! I hadn't even thought of that! Marvelous, darling. I believe I shall end my essay, er, comment now. xD

Post a Comment