In which I attempt to be deep and intellectual.

Today I found myself looking back on the blog that I kept through some of the hardest years of my life, and it got me thinking about the people who I left behind. Which, in turn, got me thinking about this…

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” –Proverbs 18:24

I had a lot of friends, yes, but now that I think back on it, it did bring me to ruin. I changed a lot, too, for worse instead of better.

The reason that I’m posting this in the first place is that, in the course of thinking all of these things, for the first time in a while, I didn’t feel sad. I felt happy that that part of my life is over. And, above all else, I’m thankful for the second part of that verse; for the amazing people God has placed in my life over the past year. 2010 was pretty rough, but 2011’s only getting better. I’ve never been so happy to have such wonderful people surrounding me. I’ve never been so happy to be alive.

And, of course, that most certainly includes my dear blogging friends! You guys have been nothing short of incredible. Thank you for your encouragement and entertainment. I love you!! ♥

“And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit." –Ephesians 2:22

Looking forward to more progress over here on this construction site!

DBF out!

6 comments:



Caroline said...

Oh my, you have me in tears. I'm so glad you feel as strongly as I do about our DBF trio; at the end of a hard day, you two never fail to lift my spirits. It's been especially good for me, since I don't really have a super close friend right now aside from the Lord.
I couldn't agree more about 2011; I've felt an overwhelming sense of contentment, and the future looks bright. May the sun keep shining on us all!

the other Pevensie girl said...

Oh my! I do hope that's a good thing! (: That means so much to me; you guys do the same for me! To be honest, recently I've had no idea who my real friends are, and to know that I can hop on here and just laugh for a while is such a blessing. Ditto to that! :D

Kellie Ann Cassel said...

I feel so blessed to be a part of such a great group of girls. US! The DBF's :) Although I've never seen you, I know that you are just like real friends. I've had trouble with girls at my school, and some on the soccer team who are just plain mean. But knowing I can relate to the things I really enjoy is great.

I need some advice though from you guys since we're on the subject of friends, if you please. One of my closests friends at school has been starting to act differently. I feel like I can't talk to her because she only wants to talk about herself and she never stops complaining about things. I don't say anything because I don't want to hurt her feelings. Any advice?

Caroline said...

I'm not really an expert on friends, but this is what I may do: try steering your conversations to one of your mutual interests and things you guys used to talk about. If she doesn't respond well, maybe gently point out to her the way she's acting. She may not even realize it, and she could be having one of those emotional slumps that are a most frustrating part of being a teenager. Finally, pray for her, and maybe get her a diary!
(Wow, I didn't mean to write that much)

Kellie Ann Cassel said...

Haha thanks :) I look into that. We always have fun during the summer when we go to the lake and stuff, but at school she just talks about her problem. I guess we can talk about music and movies and stuff. Thanks :)

the other Pevensie girl said...

That is seriously almost exactly what I was going to advise. (x I'll be praying for your situation! May it turn out for the best for ya, my dear blogging friend. (:

Post a Comment