In which I take the online driver’s test for the zillionth time and recall something that I’ve been meaning to do.

It’s hit me recently that everyone in my class (and below!) have gotten their permit or license, and I haven’t even gotten my permit yet, and it would be really nifty to be able to drive, so I’m taking the online quiz over and over to get myself completely confident. I’m hoping to go for my permit next week. Ahhh! Hopefully it’ll go well.

Anyways, as I was trying to remember which way is right and which way is left (>.<!!), I remembered that I promised to post the lyrics to the song I wrote just recently, soooo… here you are! Constructive criticism is always welcome. (:

What You Said

V.1:
Big eyes
Light hair
Still alive
But only half there
The sweetest smile
The most comforting laugh
Only knew her for a while
But I wish she was back

And I wish I knew
All the answers to
These questions I
Hide in my mind, like

CH:
Where were You when she decided to take her life?
How could You go and leave her side?
I don’t understand
Where were You?

V.2:
Second mother
Irreplaceable wife
Knows me unlike any other
Been around my whole life
The doctor says
She’ll be gone in two years
It’s out of my hands
But I’m never out of tears

And I wish I knew
All the answers to
These questions I
Hide in my mind, like

CH:
Where were You when she got the disease?
How could You let this happen to me?
I don’t understand
Where were You?

Where were You in the midst of my suffering?
Are You out there somewhere? Are You listening?
I don’t understand
Where were You

BRDG:
I’m aching
I’m hurting
I’m asking
Where are You?
I’m crying
I’m dying
I’m trying
Just to make it through
I’m crawling
I’m falling
I’m asking
Where are You?
I’m beat up
I’m messed up
I’m screaming
Just to make it through
Where are You?
Where are You?
Where are You?

And I wish I knew
All the answers to
The questions I
Hide in my mind

Then You said

CH:
I was right there when she took her life
I held her hand, I never left her side
She never left My Love
That’s where I was
I was right there when she got the disease
She was never out of my reach
She never left My Love
That’s where I was

I am with you in the midst of your suffering
I’ll hold you close, I’m always listening
When you fall on your knees
That’s where I’ll be

*guitar riff haha*

Then You said
I am with you in the midst of your suffering
I’ll hold you close, I’m always listening
When you fall to your knees
That’s where I’ll be

A bit of backstory on this song… the first verse is obviously dedicated to Miranda, who, though I only knew for a short time, managed to make a very large impact on my life. The second verse is dedicated to my Gran, who was diagnosed with ALS (a terminal disease) last January. She went to be with the Lord on September 23rd, and I will never ever forget her because she was such a huge impact on my life. She was literally my second mother; I grew up just down the street from her and Pop’s house. I wrote this song cause they were questions that I had myself, and I vent best through song. It’s sort of a testimony to the time in which my faith was most tested.

All of my songs have stories. If I were ever to be so blessed as to have them recorded, I’d set up a website JUST for the stories, haha.

Let me know what you guys think! Hope you’re having a Skantastic day! ;D

DBF out!

4 comments:



Caroline said...

So, first off, when you say "my class," do you mean your age group? Because it seems like you said you were homeschooled, but now I can't remember. Anywho, I'm going to get my license soon, probably next month, but I hate to drive. Ack-chellay, it's mostly the parking that I hate; parking is like a foreign language to me. I hope it goes well for you with the permit.
Oh. My. Stars. This song's strong emotional charge is so captivating! I wish I could hear the music! I love how you've taken such hard, terrible experiences and made beauty from them. May your reign be long and happy, Princess Positive. :)

the other Pevensie girl said...

Ahh, yes, I'm homeschooled. I meant my Bible study group at church. Probably should have said "peers" or something instead haha. Oh, good for you on the license! I've never driven before, but I honestly can't wait to try. Haha, I hope you get the hang of parking! And thanks! (:

Thank you sooo much! That seriously just means the world to me. Hahaha, I love the last line of your comment. And thanks again! Tis what I do. (:

Kellie Ann Cassel said...

Wow your song is really great, not only is it written so smoothly, but the words were moving. I like how you based it off something that actually happened to you. And as I was reading it, it sonded like a real professional song, (even though I don't have the tune) I still got the effect. Great job! :)

the other Pevensie girl said...

Thank you so much for the encouragement! It's the kind of thing that inspires me to keep writing. I am truly blessed to have such great friends and supporters! :D

Post a Comment